You must be passionate about creating new devices and technologies, and ready to learn on the fly, solve complex problems, work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales. We believe a person’s work speaks for itself, and welcome everyone with the right drive, attitude, and skills.
- BS/MS in Optical Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in relevant areas.
- Experience in working on applied research or product development of optics or photonic systems.
- Experience in optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, statistics, and polarization.
- Experience with light sources (lasers and LED’s), spatial light modulators, diffractive optics, optical materials, and thin films optics.
- Familiarity in one or more optical design tools such as Zemax, FRED, or ASAP and scientific computing languages such as MATLAB/Python/Mathematica/R.
- Ability to debug and problem solve in unfamiliar code bases and environments.
- Experience with multiple projects in hardware prototyping (e.g., bench prototyping, basic electronics, and software system integration).
- Lead the development of novel algorithms, design and simulation methods for advanced wearable display optics.
- Develop prototypes using off-the-shelf components while collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team of electrical engineers and industrial designers.
- Drive development of system requirements to create new virtual experiences and advance technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements.
- Support modeling and prototyping for next-generation optics and display.
- Engage cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers in the team to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, middleware, and applications).
- Collaborate with external groups to advance our research goals.