The Think Tank Team seeks outstanding practitioners of front end software who have a proven track-record of applying their work to real-world situations. We value creativity, curiosity, and persistence as well as solid technical skills.
As a front end software engineer you will create new experiences and technologies, learn on the fly, solve complex problems, work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales. You will propose projects to develop new technologies and/or user experiences that address real-life problems, informed by a combination of your own expertise, that of other team members, and enabled by emerging software or hardware; and stay current with research developments in your field, keeping yourself and your colleagues intellectually stimulated at the frontiers of the art.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to write robust and re-usable code following best coding practices with proper documentation.
- Rapid prototyping skills using UI libraries, preferably across multiple platforms (particularly Android and web technologies).
- Experience creating back-end services and/or platforms that can be leveraged by user-facing applications and other services (NodeJS, Flask, etc.).
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide range of user experiences that other people are using or have used before.
- Proven attention to UX/Design details, experience thinking about how prototypes look and feel even at early stages.
- Experience prototyping new hardware / software integrations using prototyping platforms (e.g., Arduino, Android, BeagleBone, Raspberry Pi.).
- Ability to develop software for resource constrained systems such as smartphones or similar consumer electronic devices.
- Developed projects in emerging technologies like AR/VR, CV, ML, robotics, etc.
- Experience generating design assets using any design tools (ie. Adobe suite, Figma, Sketch, etc.).
- Familiarity with a user-centered design process and building for users’ needs.
- Implement proof-of-concept prototypes for fast iterative testing.
- Solve tough engineering problems in unexplored/unconstrained domains such as robotics, AR/VR, health, autonomous systems, etc.
- Maintain constant awareness of new toolkits, libraries, data sets, APIs, web services as they emerge.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers and designers to integrate cutting-edge functionality into novel prototypes for new product concepts, core-technologies that will bring new business opportunities to Samsung.