The candidate will become part of an innovative, hands-on team at Samsung that creates new products and technologies. The successful candidate will perform research and development in computational display systems. The candidate should have deep knowledge of computer graphics algorithms, optics, and human perception that form the foundations of computational display research, along with familiarity with current research in computational display systems. The candidate shall be responsible to develop, evaluate and deliver prototype computational display systems.
- MS/PhD or relevant work experience
- Experience with image processing, computer vision, numerical methods/applied mathematics
- Expertise in Deep Learning, Machine learning and familiarity with tools like Scipy, Boost, Caffe, TensorFlow, OpenCV, DLIB etc. and related areas.
- Experience with SLAM, Augmented Reality based algorithms, Visual Odometry, 3D scanning, Imaging Systems, Sensor Fusion and related areas.
- Systems-level analysis and modeling of imaging and camera test systems using MATLAB, including modeling of optics and image processing
- Research publications at relevant conferences such as SIGGRAPH, ACM Trans on Graphics, CVPR, ICCV, ICCP, SPIE, JOSA a major plus.
- Fluency in C/C++/Java. Prototyping languages such as Python/C++