- PhD or equivalent (10+ years of experience) in applied science (Physics, Biophysics, Sensors, Optics, Displays, etc.)
- 7+ years of increasing scope in hardware development
- Experience managing interdisciplinary projects and programs with tight deadlines.
- A “demo-or-die” attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to prevail and meet goals when given incomplete information and ill-posed problems.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Propose and prototype new hardware technologies for user interaction, display, sensing, etc.
- Work with our group’s designers and engineers to flesh out a demonstration of your idea’s unique value proposition.
- Demo your ideas to high-level stakeholders within the company to build mindshare and integration within the company’s product ecosystem.
- Work with production teams to guide your ideas from prototype to pre-production to manufacturing.
- Define architecture and drive development for key components and subsystems on new product categories.
- Deliver results on complex projects involving teams across the company
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements
- Manage multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines