- Degree in Mathematics, Algorithms, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Optimization, HPC, or a related applied science field.
- Putnam, IOI, ACM (or other similar math or informatics/computer science competitions) is a big plus.
- Higher-level math or physics education (does not need to be a full degree) is a strong plus.
- Knowledge/understanding of the basics behind signal processing, algorithms, ML, or similar.
- Proven work experience in applying theoretical knowledge to practical problems in academia or industry.
- Track record of building things that ship (as in, used by others).
- Solve tough engineering problems, and work with other engineers to integrate cutting-edge functionality into novel prototypes.
- Design, develop, optimize, or tune algorithms to solve interesting problems in hardware, data science, or sensor design.
- Maintain constant awareness of technologies, scientific developments, design software and hardware capabilities, as well as software tools to make the prototype function.