Job title goes here
Lab: Think Tank Team
Location: Mountain View, CA
You must be passionate about creating new devices and technologies, and ready to learn on the fly, solve complex problems, work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales. We believe a person’s work speaks for itself, and welcome everyone with the right drive, attitude, and skills.
The position requires frequent collaboration with colleagues. Employee will be required to work on-site in our Mountain View offices.
- Solve tough engineering problems, and work with other engineers to integrate cutting-edge functionality into novel prototypes.
- Design, develop, optimize, or tune designs to solve interesting problems.
- Maintain constant awareness of technologies, design software and hard ware capabilities, as well as software tools.
- Work closely with various teams and organizations to define prototyping scope and applications towards various technology roadmaps and product.
- Define architecture and drive development for key components and sub systems on new product categories.
- Deliver results on complex projects involving teams across the company.
- BS/MS in Analog Systems, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in analog system design, working on applied research or product development of analog systems.
- Firm grasp on analog systems from first principles.
- Experience with multiple projects in hardware prototyping (e.g., bench prototyping, basic electronics, and software system integration).
- Understanding of techniques and topologies for signals from DC to RF, or a significant part of that spectrum.
- Familiarity in one or more scientific computing languages such as Spice/MAT LAB/Python/etc for modeling and simulation.
- A strong commitment to turning theory intro practice, and demonstrated ability to meet goals when given incomplete information and ill-posed problems.
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to debug and problem solve in unfamiliar designs, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
- Experience with power electronics, power distribution, energy management and related topics a strong plus.
- Samsung is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.